This questionnaire is given to all prospective rehome adoptions. It brings into perspective the various requirements of both the dog/dog’s and his/her new owner(s). It serves as a guide to help us choose the best possible dog to suit your lifestyle and needs. There are no right or wrong answers. We ask each applicant to answer the following questions as completely as possible.
You may copy and paste this into an email or fill out and save the word document to your computer and send to WDRK9PUPS@gmail.com
City/State/ zip Home Phone:
Vet name and Address and phone Number:
1. Why have you decided to adopt an adult German Shepherd?
2. Which characteristics of the German Shepherd have drawn you to this breed?
3. What research have you done on this breed?
4. Do you currently own a German Shepherd or have you in the past?
5. Are you interested in a male or female rehome German Shepherd Dog
6. What color German Shepherd would you like to have?
7. Are you interested in a stock coat (short), long coat, or have no coat length preference?
8. Would you take a different sex or color?
9. What do you know about the grooming requirements of a German Shepherd?
10. Will your dog go to a professional groomer, or will you learn to do your own grooming?
11. Do you understand that all pet dogs are required to be spayed or neutered?
12. Is there any specific purpose that you want this dog for?
13. Who will be the primary care giver of the Dog?
14. Do you have any children? If yes, what are their ages?
15. Does anyone in your household have allergies?
16. Is anyone in your household elderly or infirm?
17. Do you have any other pets?If so, what are their breeds and ages?
18. Do you own or rent your home?
19. Do you have a homeowner’s association or landlord? If so, what are their dog policies?
20. Do you have a secure fenced yard and if not, what are your plans for exercising dog?
21. If you have a swimming pool, is it fenced off from the rest of the yard?
22. How many hours, on average, will the dog/dogs be left on its own per day?
23. Is there someone available to feed and exercise the dog/dogs during the day?
24. Will the dog/dogs be an inside or outside dog?
27. How will the dog/dogs be confined when he is outside?
28. Where will the dog/dogs be kept when you are not at home?
29. Where will the dog-dogs sleep?
30. Will you be attending obedience classes?
31. What training center or trainer will you use for training classes?
32. Do you need a recommendation for a local training center or trainer?
33. Will the dog/dogs be taken on family outings?
34. How active do you wish your German Shepherd dog to be?
35. How do you plan to socialize your dogs?
36. Have you ever raised a dog before?
37. Are you prepared to invest your time in training the dog/dogs to become a good companion?
38.. Do you completely understand we have first right of refusal; if you had to for some unforeseen reason rehome dog that Wolves Den Ranch gets said dog back with no monetary reimbursement and at no expense to Wolves Den Ranch.
39. Do you have any questions you would like to ask us?
NOTE: A copy of your Drivers License is required with an approved application to make an appointment for a visit to the ranch. This is for our safety and the safety and protection of our dogs.