This questionnaire is given to all prospective puppy buyers. It brings into perspective the various requirements of both the puppy and his/her new owner(s). It serves as a guide to help us choose the best possible puppy to suit your lifestyle and needs. There are no right or wrong answers. We ask each applicant to answer the following questions as completely as possible.
You may copy and paste this into an email or fill out and save the word document to your computer and send to:
Vet name and Address and phone Number:
Which planned litter:
1. Why have you decided to purchase a German Shepherd?
2. Which characteristics of the German Shepherd have drawn you to this breed?
3. What research have you done on this breed?
4. Do you currently own a German Shepherd or have you in the past?
5. Are you interested in a male or female puppy?
6. What color German Shepherd puppy would you like to have?
7. Are you interested in a stock coat (short), long coat, or have no coat length preference?
8. Would you take a different sex or color if your first choice is unavailable in this litter?
9. What do you know about the grooming requirements of a German Shepherd?
10. Will your puppy go to a professional groomeror will you learn to do your own grooming?
11. Are you interested in breeding or showing your German shepherd puppy?
12. Do you understand that all pet puppies and dogs are required to be spayed or neutered?
13. Is there any specific purpose that you want this puppy/dog for?
14. Who will be the primary care giver of the puppy/Dog?
15. Do you have any children? If yes, what are their ages?
16. Does anyone in your household have allergies?
17. Is anyone in your household elderly or infirm?
18. Do you have any other pets? If so, what are their breeds and ages?
19. Do you own or rent your home?
20. Do you have a homeowner’s association or landlord? If so, what are their dog policies?
21. Do you have a secure fenced yard and if notwhat are your plans for exercising puppy/dog?
22. If you have a swimming pool is it fenced off from the rest of the yard?
23. How many hours, on average, will the puppy be left on its own per day?
24. Is there someone available to feed and exercise the puppy during the day?
25. Will the puppy be an inside or outside dog?
26. How will the puppy/dog be confined when he is outside?
27. Where will the puppy/dog be kept when you are not at home?
28. Where will the puppy/dog sleep?
29. Will you be attending puppy kindergarten or obedience classes?
30. What training center or trainer will you use for training classes?
31. Do you need a recommendation for a local training center or trainer?
32. Will the puppy/dog be taken on family outings?
33. How active do you wish your German Shepherd puppy/dog to be?
34. How do you plan to socialize your puppy?
35. Would you consider an older puppy or an adult if one were available?
36. Have you ever raised a puppy/dog before?
37. Will you have the patience to accept the trials of puppy hood, which may last the next 18 months?
38. Are you prepared to invest your time in training the puppy to become a good companion?
39. Do you completely understand we have first right of refusal; if you had to for some unforeseen reason rehome dog/puppy that Wolves Den Ranch gets said puppy/dog back with no monetary reimbursement and at no expense to Wolves Den Ranch.
40. Do you have any questions you would like to ask us?
NOTE: A copy of your Drivers License is required with an approved application to make an appointment for a visit to the ranch. This is for our safety and the safety and protection of our dogs.